Side Folding Trapdoor Stock
- Fits firearms with 1913 rail
- Heavy-duty side-folding mechanism constructed from 4140 heat treated steel
- Full-length locking lug for maximum strength
- Solid positive lock up in both positions
- Steel clamp with large surface engagement
- Can be configured to right- or left-folding
- Steel parts are mag phosphate finished
- Length of pull - 13.75"
- Adds 0.75” to the length of the firearm in the folded position
- Complete assembly weight: 18.2oz.
Hinges are supplied to Manticore Arms by Midwest Industries, made of steel, and weigh 6.9 ounces. The hinge can be set up to allow the stock to fold left or right. Hardware and allen wrenches for installation are included.
The Trapdoor Stock is designed with original AR-180 styling and the additional bonus of ample storage space within. Overall length of pull on typical AR-15 style rifles with picatinny mounting is 13.75″, similar to that on the original AR-180 rifle. Weight of the polymer stock itself is 11.3 ounces.
Made from a heavily fiber reinforced polymer the stock buttplate is easily hinged down by pressing a spring loaded plunger on top with a rifle bullet point or small tool. With 8″ of clear length from front to back internally a full size AR-15 cleaning kit with three piece steel cleaning rod will easily fit inside, and the interior width of 1.050″ allows 1.0″ diameter oil bottles to fit. The buttplate measures 1.325″ wide by 4.5″ high and gives plenty of surface for soft felt recoil.
(Please note the stock is not considered watertight, but you can easily put your supplies in a plastic baggie to keep them dry in event of a solid dunking!)
End user is responsible for any ATF requirements*
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that possession and use of this item is in compliance with all relevant federal, state, and municipal laws or statutes.